In the run-up to the Olympic Games, Dutch innovations in the field of the Nexus Food-Water-Energy, High-Tech, and Vitality will have the opportunity to present themselves online to the Japanese business community in the special Rangaku* edition of the TeamNL Tokyo Expo. As part of this Expo, Foodvalley NL, partner GO4EXPORT, is proud to organize an online meeting on 24 June 2021: "Personalized Nutrition as a Driver of Sport Success".
During the 2.5 hour program the relevance and opportunities of personalized nutrition will be highlighted, with sports & nutrition as inspiring example. The online event is designed to provide inspiration, initiate connections and to facilitate international collaboration between Dutch and Japanese businesses on the topic of Personalized Nutrition with a focus on Sports and Nutrition.
Japan and the Netherlands have shared values and interests for many years when it comes to the areas of food quality, health and safety. Also when we look to the challenges ahead, we have a lot in common: ageing populations and the need for healthy nutrition. We can learn a lot from each other. That is why we encourage companies based in Japan and the Netherlands to exchange knowledge. The exchange of practical ideas can help to solve our critical problems.
The draft program looks as follows (more information will be available soon) and times shown observe CEST.
08.15-08.30 Login of participants
08.30-08.35 Welcome by Jeroen Wouters, Foodvalley NL and chair of the event
08.35-08.50 Setting the Scene: Overview need & impressive developments in Japan & Netherlands
- Peter van der Vliet, Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to Japan
- Evert-Jan Krajenbrink, Agricultural Counsellor at the Netherlands Embassy in Japan: “Agrifood-collaboration between NL and Japan”
- Dr. Kazuo KYUMA, President National Agriculture and Food Research Organization (NARO)
- Dr. Masuko KOBORI, Director Food Research Institute, NARO
- Judith van der Horst, Innovation Lead Food & Health Foodvalley NL: “Position paper personalized nutrition”
08.50-09.20 Science to Business
- Renger Witkamp, Human Nutrition Wageningen University and Eat2Move (NL): “Trends and Developments in Personalized Nutrition”
- NARO, Nutrition and Personalized Nutrition research in Japan
09.20-10.05 Company pitches from Japanese and Dutch companies (names to be announced)
10.05-10.40 Inspiration sessions
- Chris van Hoof, One Planet: "Future outlook on personalized nutrition"
- Dutch and Japanese (former) athletes (names will be announced soon)
The following groups are more than welcome to participate in this event:
- Representatives of Japanese and Dutch companies
- Knowledge providers
- Supporting organisations and governments with the ambition and willingness to innovate and collaborate on personalized nutrition with a focus on sports & nutrition
Participation is free of charge but registration is needed. Click the button below and make sure you save your spot for this event!
The event is co-organised by RVO, Netherlands Embassy in Tokyo, OostNL, Eat2Move, Sport Centre Papendal, Wageningen University & Research, OnePlanet Research Center.
* Under the title "Rangaku", an age-old partnership between The Netherlands and Japan is being revived. A partnership (1641-1853) in which The Netherlands was solely responsible for the import of all Western knowledge into Japan. An added value that was also known in Japan as "Rangaku", or "Dutch Learning".
** This event is part of the Olympic-level business platform facilitated by TeamNL, Papendal, NOC NSF and the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.