The Department for International Trade (DIT) is pleased to invite you to its UK Manufacturing Sector Seminar, to be held on Wednesday 24 February from 10:00-11:30 (CET).
This webinar is aimed at Dutch businesses that are, or wish to become, active in the UK manufacturing and advanced engineering sectors: from businesses that manufacture products, machinery or components to those specialising in advanced materials, digital manufacturing and Industry 4.0.
It is suitable for any Dutch business that is interested in growing its presence - whether through staff working remotely, a sales office or a manufacturing operation - in the UK market, irrespective of size or current activity in the UK.
These are unprecedented times for manufacturers and engineering businesses in the Netherlands and UK: restrictions in the workplace and on travel have presented unforeseen pressures and brought forward changes that previously seemed distant. In addition, the UK and the EU have now successfully negotiated the Trade and Cooperation Agreement, starting a new chapter in which the UK will maintain close ties with the EU, while seeking out new trading relationships with countries all around the world.
This webinar will address those consequential changes and how the UK manufacturing sector – employing almost 3 million people across the UK and driving over 60% of all UK research and development – is well-positioned to emerge strongly. Specifically it will:
- Outline key trends, innovations and opportunities in the UK manufacturing market.
- Provide practical information on establishing a UK business and on specific opportunities in the Midlands.
- Share insights from Printforce on expanding your business successfully in the UK
- Explain how DIT can assist you throughout this process.
10:00 - Presentations:
- Introduction to DIT - Storm Gibbons, Senior Investment Advisor, DIT Netherlands
- The UK Manufacturing Sector - Simon Muter, DIT Advanced Engineering & Manufacturing Specialist
- Manufacturing in the Midlands - Mark Goldby, Advanced Manufacturing Specialist, Midlands Engine
- Setting up in the UK - Chris Cairns, Partner, Alliotts
- Case Study - Rombout Eikelenboom, Managing Partner, Printforce
11:15 - Q&A Session
11:30 - Close
To register click here