Are you a Dutch (tech) startup/scaleup interested in expanding to or scaling up in China? Join the second Startup Bootcamp Shanghai organized by the Consulate-General of the Netherlands in Shanghai!
Dutch startups/scaleups with high interest and ambitions in China are welcome to join us from June 23-28. The focus areas for this bootcamp will be VR/AR, IoT, AI, Big Data, Connectivity, Environmental Technologies, Life Sciences and Health.
We aim to make the bootcamp program free of charge; participants only pay their flights and accommodation.
The first days of the program (June 23/24/25) will include:
- Kickoff dinner with an introduction of the program and all participants, and a presentation about innovation in China and the startup ecosystem in Shanghai.
- Expert sessions on market entry and expansion to China; IP protection in China; government policies to support foreign startups; recruitment, talent, HR & visa; how to pitch for Chinese investors.
- Meeting Dutch and foreign entrepreneurs, some with years of experience, others relatively new to China, sharing their stories and experiences on doing business in China.
- Connect to the Shanghai startup ecosystem through visiting co-working spaces, incubators, and accelerators.
- Networking reception.
The remainder of the week there are three exhibitions in Shanghai, Nanjing, and Qingdao, which will be interesting for participating startups/scaleups to attend. Based on their interest, participants can decide to join:
- Mobile World Congress Shanghai (June 26-28) and its 4YFN Startup Park; focused on Intelligent Connectivity, IoT, AI, Big Data; a startup booth at 4YFN costs US$ 1500; https://www.mwcshanghai.com/experiences/4yfn/
- Nanjing Tech Week (June 26-29); focused on AI, E-mobility, Environmental Technologies, and Life Sciences & Health. Booth space will be free of charge and individual matchmaking will be organized; http://www.nanjingtech.cn/
- Laval Virtual Asia in Qingdao (June 28-30); focused on VR/AR. Booth space will be free of charge and individual matchmaking will be organized; https://asia.laval-virtual.org/
An impression of a similar bootcamp we organized last year: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/shanghai-bootcamp-dutch-startups-bart-van-hezewijk/
The aftermovie of that bootcamp: https://vimeo.com/276403034
If you are interested to join the second Startup Bootcamp Shanghai, please contact us as soon as possible as the number of participants will be limited. Let us know why you would like to join, whether you are already active or have any specific goals in China (who would you like to meet: customers, investors, R&D partners, manufacturers, distributors, incubators/accelerators, corporates, talent) so we can assess whether the bootcamp fits your company’s plans and ambitions in China.
For more information please contact Bart van Hezewijk, Innovation Officer at the Dutch Consulate in Shanghai: vanhezewijk [at] hollandinnovation [dot] cn