In 2022, the first international CROP Innovation & Business (CROP IB) China will be held in Sanya Yazhou bay, Hainan, China in collaboration with Sanya Yazhou Bay Science and Technology City, KeyGene and Iventus. On Thursday October 14th, 2021 an online pre-event will be held, setting the stage for the first CROP IB China in September 2022.
The pre-event of CROP IB China will give the floor to influential speakers from China and the Netherlands involved in innovation in crop improvement and food. From China representatives of the government and industry will present China’s ambition and recent successes in innovation in crop improvement. The Dutch crop innovation ecosystem and its successes will be presented by representatives from business in the Netherlands.
The health and wellbeing of the future of our growing world population is directly linked to agriculture, in China, the Netherlands and the rest of the world. Climate change, decreasing agricultural land and the need to make agriculture ever more sustainable, generate extra challenges.
Recent and future innovations in research and in seed industry may serve well as effective tools to successfully combat those challenges. Creating, maintaining and using good ecosystem for the development and application of innovations is therefore crucial.
During the CROP IB China pre-event, experts from China and the Netherlands will present ambitions and successes to inspire to join in the development and use of innovations in seed industry, and to responsibly supply the world with healthy food and raw materials.
- Opening of the pre-event of the first CROP-IB China by Guangming Su, Counselor for Science and Technology of the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in the Kingdom of the Netherlands
- The Netherlands’ ecosystem for innovation in seed industry, Arjen van Tunen, CEO of KeyGene
- Introduction of Yazhou Bay Science and Technology City，Sheng Zhong, Deputy Director of Sanya Yazhou Bay Science and Technology City Administration
- The Foodvalley ecosystem, Jeroen Wouters, Manager Global Ecosystem Development at Foodvalley NL and Program Manager Sports & Nutrition at National Sports Centre Papendal
- Seed Innovation in Hainan Province, China, Fan Chen, Executive Director of Hainan Yazhou Bay Seed Laboratory
- Rubber dandelion: a new and sustainable source of natural rubber, thanks to innovative breeding, Anker Sørensen, VP New Business of KeyGene
- New Technology of BGI, Xiaodong Fang, Deputy Dean of BGI Institute of Life Sciences
- Discussion on questions from the audience
Register now to secure your FREE participation!